UNIVERSITY OF JAFFNA- CENTRE FOR OPEN AND DISTANCE LEARNING has called application for Diploma in Professional English.
Centre for Open and Distance Learning (CODL), University of Jaffna invites applications from the eligible candidates to follow the above course conducted by the Department of English Language Teaching (DELT). Faculty of Arts, University of Jaffna.
This course has been designed to:
equip the professionals with English language proficiency to fulfill their day-to-day professional and higher educational requirements by developing Basic Interpersonal Communicative Skills (BICS) and promoting all the basic language skills: reading, listening, writing and speaking abilities in English.
broaden the language skills of the professionals with advanced proficiency in English language structure, technical writing, advanced reading skills, business communication and presentation skills to perform with confidence in any practical situation that require a higher degree of fluency, accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness.
The duration of the course is one year, which consists of two semesters,
. Classes will be held in weekends only.
SELECTION CRITERIA (ENROLMENT: 50 STUDENTS)
• Applicants must sit for a written examination to check the ability in basic reading and writing skills. The duration of the examination is one hour.
• Applicants will be called for an interview based on the marks scored in the written examination to assess the basic oral proficiency in English.
• Based on the overall performance only 50 candidates will be selected at a time with a reserve list
- Application Form – Rs 500.00
- Registration Fee – Rs 750.00
- Library Deposit (Refundable) -Rs 750.00
- Library Usage – Rs 1000.00
- Course Fee – Rs 40,000.00
Total – Rs43, 000.00
An applicant must have passed the GCE A/L Examination in all three subjects in any stream in one sitting and a pass in English at G.C.E A/L or a credit pass in G.C.E O/L.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application could be obtained from the Centre for Open and Distance Learning, University of Jaffna during 9.00am to 4.00pm on weekdays.
Application form could be downloaded from website (www.codl.jfn.ac.lk)
Duly filled application along with the payment slip for a sum of Rs.500/= payable at the Peoples Bank AC No: 89001230000 1086,
Should be sent under registered cover to the following address on or before 06th March 2021. “Diploma in Professional English” should be written on the left hand corner of the envelope.
Centre for Open and Distance Learning,
University of Jaffna,