UNIVERSITY OF JAFFNA, SRI LANKA : Vacancies 2021
University of Jaffna will entertain applications from the qualified persons for the under mentioned post.
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Scientific Assistant Grade I/ Grade II
Note 1: Preference will be given
- To the candidates who holds a Bachelor of Honours degree in Science / Engineering / Computing from a UGC recognized HEI.
- To the candidates who have sound knowledge and experience in Software design, development, maintenance and Software Quality Assurance
FACULTY OF MEDICINE
- Scientific Assistant Grade I/ Grade II in Microbiology
- Applications for the above post will be entertained from the candidates who have the degree in the field of Microbiology/Medical Laboratory Sciences/Human Biology/Molecular Microbiology
SALARY AND OTHER BENEFITS
Salary scale as at 01.01.2021
- Scientific Assistant Gr.I – Rs.50,625-3×1335 -54630 (EB) 55,695- 14×1335-74,655/-p.m
- Scientific Assistant Gr.II – Rs.48,385-19×690 -61,495/- p.m
In addition to the above salary,
The following allowances will be paid as the percentage of the basic salary:–
- Monthly Compensatory Allowance- 45%
- Additional monthly allowance – 20%
- Cost of living allowance of Rs.7,800/-p.m.
- Membership in Universities Provident Fund and Pension Scheme in the University system
- Gratuity payments
- Employees’ Trust Fund benefits
- Free Medical Services
- Applications should reach us on or before 03.03.2021.
Application forms and other details will be available Here. Applicants are requested to send the prescribed application form downloaded from the University website with the paid Bank Slip for the deposit of a sum of Rs.100/- credited to the Peoples Bank Account No: 162-1-001-6-0000880 of Bursar, University of Jaffna.
The candidates who apply for more than one post should submit separate application along with separate Bank slip. The post applied for should be marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
Perfected applications for the other posts shall be sent to the Deputy Registrar/Academic Establishments, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka under registered post with the photocopies of statement of the Degrees and Service certificates. Submission of Applications will not be entertained in person.
Applicants from the University System/Government Departments /Corporations and Statutory Board should channel their applications through the Head of respective Institutions, but may send an advance copy in the first instance. However, no such applicant will be considered for interview, if the application channeled through the Head of the Department is not received.
Applications and referees reports should be in the relevant format. Incomplete and Illegible applications and applications received after the closing date will be rejected without intimation. Only short- listed applicants will be called for an interview.
UNIVERSITY OF JAFFNA, SRI LANKA.