National Savings Bank receiving applications for Staff Assistant 2021 Vacancies. It’s a great opportunity for the youngsters to step up in the financial field.
- Candidates should be citizens of Sri Lanka
- Educational Qualifications
- Should have passed the GCE (O/L) Examination in one sitting in 06 subjects with 05 Credit Passes including Sinhala Language / Tamil Language, Mathematics and English
- GCE (A/L) Examination with 03 Passes in one sitting (excluding General English, General Knowledge and General Information Technology)
Note: Preference will be given to those who possess knowledge in Computer applications.
- Age Limit Below 28 years
METHOD OF SELECTION
By Written Examination and Interview
Out of the applications received in response to the vacancy advertisement published in the newspapers and NSB website, the shortlisted applicants who fulfill the above qualifications will be required to sit for a written examination comprising the following papers and a subsequent interview.
Paper 1: Numerical Skills & IQ (2hr)
Paper 2: General Knowledge (1hr)
Only the applicants who score the highest marks at the written examination will be called for the interview.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Successful candidates will be deployed for a two-year training period and a monthly allowance (1st year Rs. 45,000/- and 2nd year – Rs. 60,000/-) will be paid during the training period.
- At the end of the two-year training, they will be absorbed into the permanent cadre as per the existing Bank’s regulations.
- The selections for the interview will be on district basis. Those who are selected should be prepared to serve in any part of the country as per the requirements of the Bank and shall be responsible for Point of Sales (POS) collection, debt recoveries, marketing activities in addition to the routine Banking activities and any other tasks assigned by the Management of the Bank.
- The selected applicants should serve at the initially posted station for minimum of 5 years. Those who have served 5 years at the same station will be transferred to another station in any part of the country.
- Those who are selected are expected to work after normal working hours and during weekends and/or holidays, as and when required.