Eastern University, Sri Lanka,Faculty of Commerce and Management ,Postgraduate Studies Unit has called application for Master of Development Economics (MDE) 2020/2021.
Applications are invited for the UGC approved programme of study which in one-year duration and having medium of instruction Tamil for the academic year 2020/21.
- First class or Second class honours in the special degree in Economics or a related field, in a recognised university in Sri Lanka or equivalent qualification so recognised by the Eastern University. or
- First class or Second class in the General Degree with Economics or related field as a major subject, from a recognized University in Sri Lanka or equivalent qualification so recognised by the Eastern University and one year work experience in a related field. or
- Degree with Economics or related field as a major subject, from a recognised university in Sri Lanka or equivalent qualification so recognised by the Eastern University and two years work experience in a related field. or
- Postgraduate Diploma in Economics or related field awarded by a recognised university or an equivalent qualification recognised by the Eastern University. or
- A professional qualification that will be recognised on a case basis, by the Eastern University on the recommendation of the Faculty of Commerce and Management as equivalent to the qualifications stipulated above.
Course Fee: LKR. 171,500/= (Could be paid in three instalments)
Eligible applicants will be required to sit for a written examination, and face an interview prior to selection. The written examination will evaluate the knowledge of micro and macroeconomics and maths and statistics of the candidates. The selection will be made on their performance in the examination and the interview.
Application form and brochure can be obtained either by calling over personally at the office of SAR Examinations or by sending a self addressed and stamped envelope to reach the Senior Assistant Registrar-Examinations along with the customer copy of deposit slip for Rs. 1000 payable to Bursar, Eastern University, Sri Lanka, Account No.227 100 190 000 390 in people’s Bank, Chenkalady.
The duly filled application forms should be forwarded to “The Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Commerce and Management, Eastern University, Sri Lanka, Vantharumoolai, Chenkalady” by registered post to reach on or before 31st December, 2020.Please mention “Master of Development Economics -2020/2021″on the top left-hand corner of the envelop.
The programme will be commenced on January 2021.
For further information, contact Programme Coordinator/ MDE on 0774371659 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Eastern University, Sri Lanka