The program to provide employment opportunities to 100,000 poor families will commence on Wednesday (September 02), said the President’s Media Division.Source : Newsfirst.lk
Under the Vision of Sri Lanka’s Honorable President Gotabaya Rajapaksa last Month employment given employment to Unemployed Graduates.
Following that appointment as he said now Employment for 100,000 Poor Families will initiate on September 2nd 2020.
According to the President Media Division through this programme empower those who live in absolute poverty with no formal education and skills through the Multi-Purpose Development Task Force established by the government.
Criteria for Job Selection
- Unskilled workers who have no formal education or with education lower G.C.E. Ordinary Level examination.
- Must be not less than 18 years of age and not more than 40 years of age on the closing date for applications.
- Being unemployed member of a family eligible to receive Samurdhi benefits but does not receive it, or being a member of a family receiving Samurdhi benefits but unemployed.
- Being an unemployed member of a family with elderly, sick parents or disabled members.
- Be a permanent resident of the area of application.
Employment area : By the end of successful training for a six month , He/She will be employed in his/her residence.
Salary : RS 22,500/- will be paid during training programme. After the training period with appointment RS 35,000/- will be provided.
Pension Eligibility : After satisfactory and uninterrupted career record of 10 years eligible for Pension.
Employments will ONLY be awarded based on above criteria and any form of bribery will result in immediate rejection of the job opportunity. (PMD News)